Show: FIRST DATE
Theater: The Dramateurs, Inc. at the Barn Playhouse
Theater Website: http://www.barnplayhouse.org
Theater Phone: (610) 539-2276
Start date of auditions: 06/10/2019
The Dramateurs will hold auditions for their final production of the 2019 season, the musical FIRST DATE, June 9 and 10 at 7:00 pm.
When blind date newbie Aaron is set up with serial-dater Casey, a casual drink at a busy New York restaurant turns into a hilarious high-stakes dinner. As the date unfolds in real time, the couple quickly finds that they are not alone on this unpredictable evening. In a delightful and unexpected twist, Casey and Aaron’s inner critics take on a life of their own when other restaurant patrons transform into supportive best friends, manipulative exes and protective parents, who sing and dance them through ice-breakers, appetizers and potential conversational land mines. Can this couple turn what could be a dating disaster into something special before the check arrives?
Reformed Church of the Ascencion
1700 West Main Street, Norristown, PA 19403
– All Parts Open
– Doors will open at 6:30, the audition will begin promptly at 7pm,
and the doors will close at 7:30pm
– Looking for 7 Men, 5 Women
– Prepare 16 bars minimum of a Broadway song that highlights
your voice. If the selection is not from the show, please bring your
– A capella and taped music will not be accepted – you must sing
with the piano.
– Dress comfortably as you will dance, and then cold readings for
each role will be held. There will be no callbacks.
– Character Sketches are available at the theater’s website,
– The show is an ensemble with every member of the cast (except
the leads) portraying several characters each.
Questions? Please contact the director, Steve Arcidiacono, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.